Yale in Hollywood Fest, a three-day free event, kicks off tonight at 8 pm ET with Voyeur, which recently won Best Feature honors at the Soho International Film Festival.
The satirical feature stars Delilah Napier and Lucy Powers as Yale theater students who perhaps take their quest for naturalistic acting a bit too far. The film, inspired by a Yale production of August Strindberg’s Miss Julie, was written, directed and produced by Napier and Powers for their joint thesis project in Theatre Studies.
The festival continues tomorrow, December 4, with two programs of short films (comedy/musical and dramatic) and concludes on Saturday, December 5, with Sam Zalutsky’s Seaside, a revenge thriller starring Ariana DeBose, who received a Tony Award nomination for Summer: The Donna Summer Musical, co-stars in Netflix’s The Prom (streaming Friday, December 1) and will play Anita in Steven Spielberg’s upcoming remake of West Side Story.
Live Q&As with the filmmakers will take place each night of the festival at 8 pm ET.
Each film in the festival has at least one Yale student, alumnus or current staff as star, producer, writer or director.
For more info, or to stream any of the films or the live Q&As, visit www.yihfest.com.
(Top photo: ‘Voyeur.’ Source: Yale in Hollywood Fest)
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021