The planned dismantling of the Arecibo telescope in Puerto Rico undoubtedly dealt a setback for the NASA SETI program. But if, for the moment, we can’t answer calls from alien civilizations, we can at least imagine what type of beings could be trying to ping us.
Today, December 2, Netflix debuts a four-episode series, Alien Worlds. The premise: There are potentially trillions of planets beyond our solar system. If life exists on only a fraction of those worlds, then the cosmos must be teeming with species.
The British show combines scientific research about the Earth and the galaxy with science fiction to speculate how life elsewhere might feed, reproduce and evolve.
For more information, visit Netflix.
(Top photo: ‘Alien Worlds.’ Source: Netflix)
- Back to the ’90s - March 8, 2021
- Patwardhan Films on Ovid.tv - March 5, 2021
- Mormon Murders and ‘Moxie’ - March 3, 2021
- Cats and Crooks on Acorn - March 1, 2021
- ‘Crazy,’ ‘Train’ on Netflix - February 26, 2021
- Grown-Up ‘Punky’ on Peacock - February 24, 2021
- Swedish Hockey Drama - February 22, 2021
- Extended ‘Dead’ on AMC+ - February 19, 2021
- Fight for the 14th - February 17, 2021
- Meet George O’Hanlon - February 15, 2021