(Above: ’61 Bullets,’ about the assassination of Huey Long, is featured on the Louisiana Film Channel. Source: Facebook)
Having been cheated out of a New Orleans vacation this year due to the pandemic, one of the things I’m thankful for this Thanksgiving Week is the brand-new Louisiana Film Channel.
The service offers subscription plans, rentals and free titles spanning feature films, TV series, short films and music videos.
You can browse the service’s large content library at LouisianaFilmChannel.com. Titles are grouped under some 30 categories, including such fun ones as Laissez le Bon Temps Rouler, Sport Shows for Who Dats, Who do the Voodoo?, Streetcar Named Desire-like Romances, Films as Scary as The Myrtles Plantation Ghosts and Films that Bring you Religion like St. Louis Cathedral.
For free, after a quick signup, I was able to access such content as Louisiana Film History Flashback, a 15-episode short-form series, and As it Is In Heaven, a 90-minute feature about a man who leads a small religious sect that’s awaiting the end of the world they’ve been promised.
Louisiana Film Channel subscriptions, which cost $4.99 monthly or $50 annually, get you such titles as:
61 Bullets, a one-hour documentary about the still-unsolved 1935 assassination of the “Kingfish,” populist Governor Huey Long.
Old Crows, a short about Chuck, a cranky Vietnam veteran who’s content to drink his days away until he meets Roxanne, a young writer who brings him new purpose.
Demons, a horror feature about a married couple tormented by the ghost of the wife’s late sister, as the details of her grisly death get slowly uncovered.
For more info, visit LouisianaFilmChannel.com.
- ’76 Days’ 366 Days Later - January 22, 2021
- Finding ‘Losing Alice’ - January 22, 2021
- Anna Paquin’s a ‘Flack’ - January 21, 2021
- ‘Celebrating America’ - January 20, 2021
- Dramas of Lebanon - January 20, 2021
- Inaugural Speech Binge - January 19, 2021
- You’ve Got Uvagut TV! - January 19, 2021
- ‘Black Vote Rising’ - January 18, 2021
- Bruce Lee Tribute Weekend - January 14, 2021
- The Grio Douses Light TV - January 13, 2021