(Above: Kiera Allen in ‘Run,’ Susan Peters in ‘Ram.’ Sources: Hulu / IMDb)
Busy Sarah Paulson, last seen as the manipulative title nurse in Netflix’s Ratched series, is equally sinister as a controlling mother in Hulu’s new movie Run, debuting today. But don’t be surprised if co-star Kiera Allen, making her feature film debut as Paulson’s terrorized teenage daughter, steals the show.
Allen is the first actual wheelchair user in more than 70 years to star in a “major” thriller,” according to Hulu. That leaves open the possibility that one has starred in a “minor’ thriller, but we won’t quibble – not when the major thriller in question is the 1948 film noir classic The Sign of the Ram. That movie (below) starred Susan Peters, Oscar nominee for 1942’s Random Harvest, in a Sarah Paulson-type role: a manipulative, sinister mother.
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021