(Photo: Scene from ‘The Last First.’ Source: ChicagoDanceCrash.com)
Family-friendly films are in focus for Chicagoland streamers tomorrow, November 13, with the opening of the 37th annual Chicago International Children’s Film Festival (CICFF) and the premiere of The Last First: Professional Dancemaking in 2020 Chicago.
The Chicago International Children’s Film Festival, running through November 22 and only available to viewers in the Chicago area, will feature 20 feature films and 242 shorts from 52 countries. You can browse the complete list of films at eventive.org/cicff.
Tickets for a single film cost $15, with a four-film “Public Pass” $50 and a complete festival “Public Super Pass” $250. Single tickets can be purchased from CICFF’s Virtual Festival Catalog and passes from its Pass Page.
The Last First
The Last First: Professional Dancemaking in 2020 Chicago is a 50-minute documentary telling the story of how the Crash Performance Ensemble and its creative staff were able to film three new repertory works during the pandemic.
The film streams at 7 pm CT on November 13, but is not limited to Chicagoland viewers.
The movie includes fully produced dance works that were created during the pandemic and filmed on the stage of Chicago’s Beverly Arts Center: Elastic by Artistic Director Jessica Deahr, with Rehearsal Director KC Bevis; Show & Tell by Milwaukee-based hip hop choreographer Jasper Sanchez; and a celebratory House section by Chicago-based Funk dancer Keeley Morris for Amirah Sackett’s work, Sikeena.
Ticket buyers will have 24 hours to view the film. Tickets, priced at $40, or $20 for students/industry, are available at ChicagoDanceCrash.com, with proceeds going to the Keep Crash Moving Covid Relief fund.
- ‘The Night of the Iguana’ - December 1, 2020
- Ghostly Adaptations - November 30, 2020
- ‘Nurse Heroes Live!’ - November 25, 2020
- Louisiana Film Channel - November 24, 2020
- Untraditional Nutcrackers - November 23, 2020
- Watch WKRP: Turkeys Away! - November 21, 2020
- ‘Run’ / ‘Sign of the Ram’ - November 20, 2020
- Holiday Royalty Roll Call - November 19, 2020
- Free Film Screenings - November 18, 2020
- CBS’ ‘Stars in the Eye’ - November 16, 2020