(Above: Alex with his ‘Family Ties’ parents. Source: JustWatch)
Cast members of the ‘80s sitcom Family Ties will reunite virtually tomorrow, November 10, on Stars in the House, the daily live-streamed talk show benefitting The Actors Fund.
The Family Ties reunion will include Meredith Baxter and Michael Gross (60s-era liberal parents Elyse and Steven) Michael J. Fox (Reagan-era Republican son, Alex), and Tina Yothers (tomboyish daughter, Jennifer). Fox won three Emmy Awards as Best Actor.
Notably absent from the scheduled reunion list is Justine Bateman, who played the other sister, materialistic Mallory, although Mallory’s would be-suitor Skippy (Marc Price) and Mallory’s boyfriend Nick (Scott Valentine) will both be showing up.
Also absent: Courteney Cox, who played Alex’s girlfriend Lauren during the show’s final two seasons.
Family Ties ran originally for seven seasons on NBC from 1982 to 1989. All 176 episodes are available to stream for CBS All Access subscribers, with the first 10 episodes free to all at CBS.com. You can also see Family Ties free over the air, weekdays at 5 am and 5:30 am ET on Antenna TV.
Here’s the series’ very first scene:
- Rudolph & Other Reindeer - December 1, 2020
- Of Partridges and Kings - November 25, 2020
- Salem’s Scarlet Letter - November 24, 2020
- Kaley Cuoco Free Episode - November 19, 2020
- Friedkin and The Exorcist - November 17, 2020
- ‘Star Wars Holiday Special’ - November 16, 2020
- Alex Trebek Tributes - November 13, 2020
- ‘Sing Along With Mitch’ - November 12, 2020
- ‘Family Ties’ Stay Strong - November 9, 2020
- Dino’s ‘Celebrity Roasts’ - November 6, 2020