(Above: Muhammad Ali on ‘The Dean Martin Celebrity Roast.’ Also pictured: Orson Welles, Martin, Howard Cosell. Photo colorized with Algorithmia)
Free over-the-air channel Decades will host a “Weekend Binge” of The Dean Martin Celebrity Roast from noon ET Saturday, November 7, through 7 am Monday, November 9.
The Dean Martin Celebrity Roast was part of NBC’s Thursday night lineup from 1973 to 1984: as part of The Dean Martin Show in its first season, and then for 10 years as stand-alone specials. Lengths varied, which explains how Decades will air just 37 episodes over a 43-hour marathon.
Over Celebrity Roast’s run, a who’s who of mid-20th century entertainment, sports and political figures were roasted – or did the roasting, The Decades binge, for instance, will start Saturday with a roast of Dean Martin himself, and follow that with roastings of Jimmy Stewart (2:15 pm), George Burns (4:30 pm), Lucille Ball (6 pm), Betty White (7 pm), Bob Hope (8 pm), Sammy Davis Jr. (9 pm) and Muhammad Ali (10 pm). And that’s just the first 10 hours! (For the complete schedule, visit decades.com/binge.)
Here, comedian and show regular Foster Brooks roasts Lucy:
You can find your local Decades channel number – either over-the-air via antenna, or on cable — from the network’s Where to Watch page.
Amazon Prime subscribers can see 26 episodes.
- ‘College Bowl,’ Now & Then - June 22, 2021
- Celebrate Dino’s Birthday - June 7, 2021
- Police Satires on Decades - June 3, 2021
- Saluting Josephine Baker - May 28, 2021
- See a Rod Serling Rarity - May 27, 2021
- Halston Biopic on Netflix - May 13, 2021
- French Film Noir Streams - May 3, 2021
- ‘The Best of Bugs Bunny’ - April 30, 2021
- Sleeping with Netflix - April 28, 2021
- ‘Handmaid’s Tale’ Returns - April 27, 2021