(Above: Razane Jammal and Ahmed Amin in ‘Paranormal.’ Source: Netflix)
A bit late for Halloween, but Paranormal, a six-episode thriller based on books (Ma Waraa al Tabiaa) by the late Egyptian author Ahmed Khaled Tawfik, debuts tomorrow, November 5, on Netflix.
Set in the 1960s, Ahmed Amin plays Refaat Ismail, a sardonic hematologist whose lifelong scientific convictions are challenged by otherworldly experiences. Each episode is a separate story in which Refaat, accompanied by his university colleague, Scottish physicist Maggie Mckillop (Razane Jammal), seeks to debunk urban legends while saving loved ones from paranormal dangers. Refaat denies not only the supernatural, but his true feelings for Maggie.
The cast also includes Aya Samaha as Refaat’s fiancé and Samaa Ibrahem as Refaat’s sister.
In Arabic with English subtitles, Paranormal is Netflix’s first original Egyptian series.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021