(Above: Razane Jammal and Ahmed Amin in ‘Paranormal.’ Source: Netflix)
A bit late for Halloween, but Paranormal, a six-episode thriller based on books (Ma Waraa al Tabiaa) by the late Egyptian author Ahmed Khaled Tawfik, debuts tomorrow, November 5, on Netflix.
Set in the 1960s, Ahmed Amin plays Refaat Ismail, a sardonic hematologist whose lifelong scientific convictions are challenged by otherworldly experiences. Each episode is a separate story in which Refaat, accompanied by his university colleague, Scottish physicist Maggie Mckillop (Razane Jammal), seeks to debunk urban legends while saving loved ones from paranormal dangers. Refaat denies not only the supernatural, but his true feelings for Maggie.
The cast also includes Aya Samaha as Refaat’s fiancé and Samaa Ibrahem as Refaat’s sister.
In Arabic with English subtitles, Paranormal is Netflix’s first original Egyptian series.
- HBO Max’s Thanksgiving Feast - November 25, 2020
- Laurel & Hardy Thanksgiving - November 23, 2020
- ‘Seaside Hotel’ 6 on Prime - November 20, 2020
- Hulu’s Syrian War Drama - November 18, 2020
- British Justice on Acorn - November 16, 2020
- Decades’ ‘Streets’ Binge - November 13, 2020
- Native American Stories - November 11, 2020
- ‘Mighty’ Backyard on Hulu - November 9, 2020
- PBS Kids in November - November 6, 2020
- ‘Paranormal’ Egyptian Thriller - November 4, 2020