At first glance, the title Darkness in Tenement 45 seemed to us like some kind of negative allusion to our 45th President. Yet the movie is using the hashtag #DT45, which could be seen as a positive nod to the man running today with those same initials.
In the end, though, Darkness in Tenement 45 – which starts streaming today, Election Day, via on-demand sites – is a horror thriller about New Yorkers quarantining against a deadly disease during the Cold War. “With supplies dwindling, paranoia sets in,” reads the film’s synopsis, “leaving a troubled teenager in a desperate fight for survival against the self-appointed, deranged leader….”
Nicole Tompkins, who was nominated as Best Actress in a Feature Film at this year’s Horrible Imaginings Film Festival, stars as 16-year-old Joanna. Casey Kramer plays her overbearing Aunt Martha, with whom she’s isolated.
Nicole Groton wrote and directed Darkness in Tenement 45, which is distributed by Wood Entertainment.
The movie is scheduled to launch today, price unknown, on iTunes, Amazon, Vimeo, Google Play, FandangoNow and other on-demand providers.
(Top photo: Nicole Tompkins in Darkness in Tenement 45, Source: IMDb)
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021