The Savvy Screener recently wrote about a free audio production of Sinclair Lewis’ 1936 play It Can’t Happen Here that’s now streaming on YouTube thanks to dozens of regional theaters.
Tomorrow, October 28, a free video production from nine New York City-based theater companies will debut at 1 pm ET, and be available on demand until Sunday at the same time.
The play, following the ascent of a demagogue who becomes president of the U.S. by promising to return the country to greatness, will be presented at nytf.org/live in six languages: English, Hebrew, Italian, Spanish, Turkish and Yiddish.
Led by National Yiddish Theatre Folksbiene, the other participating theater companies are Israeli Artists Project, Kairos Italy Theater, New Heritage Theatre Group/Impact Repertory Theatre, New York Classical Theatre, Pan Asian Repertory Theatre, Playful Substance, Repertorio Español and Turkish American Repertory Theater & Entertainment.
For more info, visit nytf.org/itcanthappenhere.
- ‘The Night of the Iguana’ - December 1, 2020
- Ghostly Adaptations - November 30, 2020
- ‘Nurse Heroes Live!’ - November 25, 2020
- Louisiana Film Channel - November 24, 2020
- Untraditional Nutcrackers - November 23, 2020
- Watch WKRP: Turkeys Away! - November 21, 2020
- ‘Run’ / ‘Sign of the Ram’ - November 20, 2020
- Holiday Royalty Roll Call - November 19, 2020
- Free Film Screenings - November 18, 2020
- CBS’ ‘Stars in the Eye’ - November 16, 2020