The Savvy Screener recently wrote about a free audio production of Sinclair Lewis’ 1936 play It Can’t Happen Here that’s now streaming on YouTube thanks to dozens of regional theaters.
Tomorrow, October 28, a free video production from nine New York City-based theater companies will debut at 1 pm ET, and be available on demand until Sunday at the same time.
The play, following the ascent of a demagogue who becomes president of the U.S. by promising to return the country to greatness, will be presented at nytf.org/live in six languages: English, Hebrew, Italian, Spanish, Turkish and Yiddish.
Led by National Yiddish Theatre Folksbiene, the other participating theater companies are Israeli Artists Project, Kairos Italy Theater, New Heritage Theatre Group/Impact Repertory Theatre, New York Classical Theatre, Pan Asian Repertory Theatre, Playful Substance, Repertorio Español and Turkish American Repertory Theater & Entertainment.
For more info, visit nytf.org/itcanthappenhere.
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021