(Above source: YouTube video)
Apple TV+ debuts a second season of its puppet show for preschoolers, Helpsters, this Friday, October 16.
Adorable puppet monsters Cody, Scatter, Mr. Primm and Heart, in tandem with celebrity and musical guests, show youngsters how to solve problems using the power of teamwork. Having a plan is key, whether it involves party-planning, learning magic tricks or mountain climbing.
This season’s celebrity lineup features Terry Crews, Danny Trejo, Gabby Douglas, Christopher Meloni, Richard Kind, Michael Ian Black, Janeane Garofalo, Michelle Buteau and Judah Friedlander. Musical guests include Talib Kweli, Matt Berninger, Jason Mraz, K. Flay, Norah Jones and Ingrid Michaelson.
If the monsters look like relatives of puppets from another long-running children’s program, perhaps that’s because Helpsters comes from the producers of Sesame Street. Helpsters has received a Parents’ Choice Gold Medal Award and a Common Sense Media Award for its efforts to teach “young viewers important lessons in pre-coding skills” and inspire “self-confidence, collaboration” and “effective communication,” among other skills.
Apple TV+ costs $4.99 per month with a seven-day free trial. It can be streamed on tv.apple.com, or via the Apple TV app for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, iPod Touch/Mac, and other non-Apple platforms.
For more, visit Apple TV+.
- Animated ‘Creepshow’ on Shudder - October 26, 2020
- A Méliès Halloween - October 21, 2020
- Apple TV+’s Little ‘Helpsters’ - October 14, 2020
- Acorn’s Outback Drama - October 12, 2020
- Disney+ Has ‘The Right Stuff’ - October 9, 2020
- Scary Books on Hulu - October 7, 2020
- Eisen’s New Streaming Home - October 5, 2020
- Decades’ ‘Cheers’ Bender - October 2, 2020
- Shudder’s Price-y Binge - September 30, 2020
- Making the Electoral Sausage - September 28, 2020