(Above source: YouTube video)
Apple TV+ debuts a second season of its puppet show for preschoolers, Helpsters, this Friday, October 16.
Adorable puppet monsters Cody, Scatter, Mr. Primm and Heart, in tandem with celebrity and musical guests, show youngsters how to solve problems using the power of teamwork. Having a plan is key, whether it involves party-planning, learning magic tricks or mountain climbing.
This season’s celebrity lineup features Terry Crews, Danny Trejo, Gabby Douglas, Christopher Meloni, Richard Kind, Michael Ian Black, Janeane Garofalo, Michelle Buteau and Judah Friedlander. Musical guests include Talib Kweli, Matt Berninger, Jason Mraz, K. Flay, Norah Jones and Ingrid Michaelson.
If the monsters look like relatives of puppets from another long-running children’s program, perhaps that’s because Helpsters comes from the producers of Sesame Street. Helpsters has received a Parents’ Choice Gold Medal Award and a Common Sense Media Award for its efforts to teach “young viewers important lessons in pre-coding skills” and inspire “self-confidence, collaboration” and “effective communication,” among other skills.
Apple TV+ costs $4.99 per month with a seven-day free trial. It can be streamed on tv.apple.com, or via the Apple TV app for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, iPod Touch/Mac, and other non-Apple platforms.
For more, visit Apple TV+.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021