(Above source: HerbAlpertIs.com)
Herb Alpert Is… will premiere free this Thursday, October 1, at 8 pm ET on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, HerbAlpert.com and HerbAlpertIs.com. A Q&A with the 85-year-old Alpert and the film’s director, John Scheinfeld, (Chasing Trane, The US vs John Lennon) will follow.
So who is Herb Alpert?
Herb Alpert Is…
- A musician, who has won nine Grammies and sold more than 72 million records since hitting it big with his band The Tijuana Brass in the 1960s
- A businessman, who co-founded A&M Records, a label which brought such artists as Carole King, Cat Stevens, The Carpenters, Janet Jackson and The Police into the public eye
- A painter and sculptor, whose works have been exhibited in the US and Europe
- A philanthropist, who has supported educational programs in the arts, including UCLA, the Harlem School of the Arts and Los Angeles City College.
Guests in the documentary include The Carpenters’ Richard Carpenter, The Police’s Sting; fellow A&M artists Quincy Jones and Sergio Mendes: Questlove and Bill Moyers.
Starting Friday, October 2, Herb Alpert Is… will be available for rental through Amazon, iTunes and other providers.
For more Herb Alpert, here he is hosting ABC’s The Hollywood Palace in October 1966. The show includes, at its halfway point, Alpert, French singer Glbert Bcaud and The Supremes (with Diana Ross) teaming up on Bicaud’s song “What Now My Love.”
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021