(Above source: New York Burlesque Festival)
The New York Burlesque Festival will go virtual for its 18th annual edition, presenting more than 30 acts over four days starting this Thursday, October 1.
The event kicks off with a 7 pm ET Q&A with burlesque legend Stephanie Blake and includes three “spectaculars’ on the first three nights, live classes from the New York School of Burlesque on Saturday afternoon, and Happy Hour Bingo Burlesque on Sunday.
Here’s a highlight from last year’s festival (NSFW, unless you’re working from home — and away from any kids):
Prices for individual events at this year’s festival range from $15 to $20, with passes for multiple events available for up to $130.
The “spectaculars” will take place on a new website, BurlesqueGalaxy.com, with the Q&A, classes and Bingo Burlesque offered via Zoom. For tickets and more info, visit TheNewYorkBurlesqueFestival.com or EventBrite.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021