(Above image courtesy Sundance Now)
A secret organization, with ties to the White House and plans to rewrite the Constitution according to Christian Law, has been radicalizing the poor, aggrieved and addicted into far-right politics, according to People You May Know, debuting today on Sundance Now and on Amazon Prime’s Doc Club add-on channel.
The British-made 92-minute film follows Charles Kriel, advisor to a UK Parliament disinformation committee, who discovers Cambridge Analytica (remember them?) is collaborating with a software company on a microtargeting platform for US churches.
The secret organization? In the trailer above, a woman we believe to be Anne Nelson says, “Kellyanne Conway is a member, Steve Bannon is a member. They hope to use Trump as God’s wrecking ball….The American government is slated for destruction.”
Nelson is the author of Shadow Network: Media, Money, and the Secret Hub of the Radical Right, which points to the Council for National Policy, a not-so-secret group, as collaborating with the Koch brothers to outfit radical right-wing organizations with state-of-the-art apps and a shared pool of captured voter data.
Sundance Now offers a seven-day free trial. You can then keep the service – which specializes in true crime, dramas and thrillers from around the world — for $6.99 a month or $59.99 annually ($4.99 a month). For more info or to subscribe, visit sundancenow.com.
Doc Club is available to Amazon Prime subscribers for an additional $2.99 a moth after a seven-day free trial. For more, visit Amazon’s Doc Club page.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021