(Above image courtesy Sundance Now)
A secret organization, with ties to the White House and plans to rewrite the Constitution according to Christian Law, has been radicalizing the poor, aggrieved and addicted into far-right politics, according to People You May Know, debuting today on Sundance Now and on Amazon Prime’s Doc Club add-on channel.
The British-made 92-minute film follows Charles Kriel, advisor to a UK Parliament disinformation committee, who discovers Cambridge Analytica (remember them?) is collaborating with a software company on a microtargeting platform for US churches.
The secret organization? In the trailer above, a woman we believe to be Anne Nelson says, “Kellyanne Conway is a member, Steve Bannon is a member. They hope to use Trump as God’s wrecking ball….The American government is slated for destruction.”
Nelson is the author of Shadow Network: Media, Money, and the Secret Hub of the Radical Right, which points to the Council for National Policy, a not-so-secret group, as collaborating with the Koch brothers to outfit radical right-wing organizations with state-of-the-art apps and a shared pool of captured voter data.
Sundance Now offers a seven-day free trial. You can then keep the service – which specializes in true crime, dramas and thrillers from around the world — for $6.99 a month or $59.99 annually ($4.99 a month). For more info or to subscribe, visit sundancenow.com.
Doc Club is available to Amazon Prime subscribers for an additional $2.99 a moth after a seven-day free trial. For more, visit Amazon’s Doc Club page.
- Stream ‘White Noise’ - October 26, 2020
- ‘The Man Who Mends Women’ - October 26, 2020
- Sitcom Reunions Galore - October 23, 2020
- Baldwin vs. Buckley Redux - October 22, 2020
- Four Roads to Manderley - October 21, 2020
- Documenting The Struggle - October 21, 2020
- ‘Legally Blonde’ Reunion - October 20, 2020
- Star-Studded Fundraisers - October 20, 2020
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - October 19, 2020
- RetroPop Horror Reunions - October 16, 2020