(Above source: YouTube video)
The BAFTA-winning Welsh police drama Bang debuts a second six-episode season today, September 21, on subscription streamer Acorn TV.
Set in the steel town of Port Talbot, South Wales, season two starts with the murder of two young men, both found hanging upside down. Detective Sergeant Gina Jenkins (Catrin Stewart) and her partner (Jack Parry-Jones) soon discover a connection to an incident involving five men charged with raping a woman in a rugby club 10 years earlier. The assailants never went to trial because a key witness disappeared. Are the murders a case of vigilante justice delayed?
Meanwhile, Gina tries to support her brother (Jacob Ifan), who has just been released from prison for a crime spree committed in season one.
The cast includes Suzanne Packer, Nia Roberts, Dyfan Dwyfor, Alexander Vlahos and Hedydd Dylan.
Season two aired on Wales’ S4C in February. It is in both English and Welsh (with English subtitles).
Acorn TV costs $5.99 monthly, with a seven-day free trial. For more info, visit acorn.tv.
Amazon Prime subscribers can also get an Acorn TV add-on channel for $4.99 monthly, also with a seven-day free trial.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021