(Above: Robert Pattinson. Source: YouTube video)
The Devil All the Time, a psychological thriller about a sinister mid-century Ohio backwater, and the finale of Baby, an Italian series about two teen girls leading double lives, debut today, September 16, on Netflix.
Based on Donald Ray Pollock’s novel, The Devil All the Time is set in Knockemstiff (really?), OH, a remote country town with a rather menacing aura. The film’s events unfold over a period spanning World II to the Vietnam War, revealing the true nature of some unsavory folks. They include an unholy preacher (The Batman’s Robert Pattinson), a twisted couple (Jason Clarke and Riley Keough), and a corrupt sheriff (Avengers’ Sebastian Stan). Caught in the middle is protagonist Arvin Russell (Spiderman’s Tom Holland), who must protect himself and his family against these bad influences.
The film also stars It’s Bill Skarsgård, Mia Wasikowska, Harry Melling, Haley Bennett and Pokey LaFarge.
Baby, whose third season will be its last, stars Benedetta Porcaroli and Alice Pagani as two high-schoolers from wealthy families who are drawn into Rome’s underworld. Having kept their after-school activities a secret, a police investigation puts pressure on them, their friendships, romances and families.
The show is in Italian with English subtitles.
To watch all three seasons (18 episodes), visit Netflix.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021