(Above: Dean Martin/Jerry Lewis reunion on the 1976 telethon. Source: YouTube screenshot)
It’s Labor Day! A traditional time for picnics, barbecues, ballgames… and the Jerry Lewis Muscular Dystrophy Association Telethon!
That 44-year tradition ended on live TV back in 2010 (and Lewis himself passed away in 2017), but you can stream some of the telethon’s best moments at Shout Factory TV.
The free service offers 11 MDA Telethon Presents collections, most running for about an hour. Eight cover individual categories: stand-up comics, the 1980s, “today’s” pop/R&B, classic R&B, Broadway, Grammy-winning artists, ventriloquists, magicians. One is all Don Rickles and one all Jerry Lewis himself.
Here’s a separate, shorter highlights compilation, posted by the Muscular Dystrophy Association in 2010:
(Note: The above is an updated version of a previously article)
- Burlesque Fest Oct. 1-4 - September 29, 2020
- Herb Alpert Doc Free 10/1 - September 29, 2020
- ‘God’s Wrecking Ball’ - September 28, 2020
- Grandfather of the Bride? - September 25, 2020
- Anarchist Dispatches - September 25, 2020
- Amazon’s Utopian Vision - September 24, 2020
- Women’s Cancer Benefit - September 24, 2020
- Thursday’s for the Dogs - September 22, 2020
- Tales of Two ‘Doctors’ - September 21, 2020
- ‘Spides’ Free on Crackle - September 17, 2020