(Above: Kal Urban as one of ‘The Boys.’ Source: YouTube video)
Amazon Prime’s gory, satirical superhero series The Boys premieres the first three episodes of season two, today, September 4. Additional episodes will then debut subsequent Fridays through October 9.
Corrupted by their celebrity, the adoration of countless millions and a lack of accountability, these superheroes, known as “Supes,” abuse their powers. Some merely suffer from vanity and insecurity, but it turns out that the dominant Supe, Homelander (Antony Starr), is a psychopathic killer. It falls to mere mortals – The Boys – to expose the truth about them and about Vaught, the conglomerate that manages the Supes and covers up their misdeeds.
Season two promises to be tough-going for The Boys – and, judging from the trailer, to exceed the first season’s exploding head quotient.
The Supes have taken over Vaught and The Boys are being pursued as criminals. Worse, it seems Vaught has created super-terrorists to justify a greater Supe power-grab. But Homelander’s desire to dominate Vaught is threatened with the arrival of a new Supe, Stormfront (Aya Cash).
The Supes also include Starlight (Erin Moriarty), Queen Maeve (Dominique McElligott) A-Train (Jessie T. Usher), The Deep (Chace Crawford), and Black Noir (Nathan Mitchell). Breaking Bad’s Giancarlo Esposito also returns as Vought boss Stan Edgar.
In addition to Butcher, The Boys team features Hughie (Jack Quaid), Mother’s Milk (Laz Alonso), Frenchie (Tomer Capon), and The Female (Karen Fukuhara).
The show is based on Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson’s comic of the same name.
For more, visit Amazon.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021