(Photo courtesy of Cinedigm Digital Cinema Corp.)
The new movie Gutterbug focuses on a homeless runaway named Bug (Andrew Yackel) who decides to return home on his 21st birthday. But Bug can’t escape the street culture he’s been living in, which leads him and fellow misfits Slim (Justin Pietropalo) and Jenny (Hannah Mosqueda) down a “dangerous path.”
Gutterbug is now available from iTunes and Microsoft for a $3.99 HD rental (you can also pay a dollar more to get it from Amazon).
The film tackles the issues of mental health, drug use and toxic friendships in addition to homelessness, all backed by a raucous crust punk soundtrack. Participating bands include Modest Mouse, Guerilla Toss, Nice Guys, Black Beach, Beeef, Sarah Greenwell, Datenight, Cult Fiction and Pink Suds.
Gutterberg was filmed on the streets of Boston’s Allston neighborhood by first-time director Andrew Gibson, who also co-produced and co-wrote. It’s distributed through a partnership of Cinedigm and Glass House Distribution.
For more, visit gutterbugmovie.com.
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021