(Photo courtesy of Cinedigm Digital Cinema Corp.)
The new movie Gutterbug focuses on a homeless runaway named Bug (Andrew Yackel) who decides to return home on his 21st birthday. But Bug can’t escape the street culture he’s been living in, which leads him and fellow misfits Slim (Justin Pietropalo) and Jenny (Hannah Mosqueda) down a “dangerous path.”
Gutterbug is now available from iTunes and Microsoft for a $3.99 HD rental (you can also pay a dollar more to get it from Amazon).
The film tackles the issues of mental health, drug use and toxic friendships in addition to homelessness, all backed by a raucous crust punk soundtrack. Participating bands include Modest Mouse, Guerilla Toss, Nice Guys, Black Beach, Beeef, Sarah Greenwell, Datenight, Cult Fiction and Pink Suds.
Gutterberg was filmed on the streets of Boston’s Allston neighborhood by first-time director Andrew Gibson, who also co-produced and co-wrote. It’s distributed through a partnership of Cinedigm and Glass House Distribution.
For more, visit gutterbugmovie.com.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021