(Above source: YouTube video)
Decades will host a 43-hour, 86-episode, binge of Rhoda from noon ET tomorrow, August 8, through 7 am Monday, August 10.
Valerie Harper first played feisty Rhoda Morgenstern on The Mary Tyler Moore Show from 1970 to 1974, winning three Supporting Actress Emmys, and then on Rhoda from 1974 to 1978, for which she won a Best Actress Emmy.
Decades’ weekend binge will start with the series’ first episode, “Joe,” in which Rhoda first meets her future husband (David Groh). They would soon get engaged and then married.
But, strangely, Decades’ published schedule for tomorrow skips from Rhoda’s “Shower” (3 pm) to Rhoda’s “Honeymoon” (3:30 pm) – somehow leaving out one of the highest-rated TV shows of all time, “Rhoda’s Wedding.”
That hour-long episode became the second-most-watched TV program ever when it first aired on October 28, 1974. (Even Rhoda couldn’t beat the birth of Little Ricky on I Love Lucy two decades earlier).
So where can you attend “Rhoda’s Wedding”?
Rhoda’s not on any subscription streaming service, but you can stream “Rhoda’s Wedding” for free right here. Several guest stars from The Mary Tyler Moore Show show up as Rhoda runs into a series of complications on her wedding day:
Get your fill of Rhoda while you can this weekend because the sitcom is not streaming — nor airing regularly on any over-the-air classic TV channel.
For your local channel number, either over the air or on cable, visit Decades’ Where to Watch page.
(Note: the above is an updated version of a previously published article.)
- French Film Noir Streams - May 3, 2021
- ‘The Best of Bugs Bunny’ - April 30, 2021
- Sleeping with Netflix - April 28, 2021
- ‘Handmaid’s Tale’ Returns - April 27, 2021
- Polish Pleasures This Week - April 26, 2021
- ‘The Skipper’ as ‘Casey Jones’ - April 15, 2021
- Late Day’s Light Night - April 14, 2021
- ‘Holocaust to Hollywood’ - April 7, 2021
- Scully and Mulder on Comet - April 5, 2021
- ‘Wild Kingdom’ Comes Back - April 2, 2021