(Above: ‘Big Brother’ host Julie Chen Moonves. Source: YouTube video)
Somehow, the reality show Big Brother seems fit for our shelter-in-place times.
Today, August 5, at 9 pm ET/PT) CBS will air the two-hour premiere of the reality series’ 22nd season.
This season promises an “all-star” cast of houseguests consisting of winners, finalists, legends and other participants from years past. And guess what? They all want to be stuck together in a house – and get on each other’s nerves. Of course, a $500,000 grand prize – and, we suppose, a brief fling with D-list celebrity fame – are incentives.
The Big Brother house is outfitted with 94 HD cameras and 113 microphones, recording its occupants’ every spat, make-out session and act of personal betrayal — 24/7. Each week, someone gets voted out of the house. The last resident collects the cash and sits down with host Julie Chen Moonves to explain his or her winning back-stabbing strategy.
Each week will feature three episodes — Sundays, Wednesday and Thursdays at 8 pm, although there will be no episode tomorrow, August 6.
CBS All Access subscribers can also watch round-the-clock Live Feeds at CBS.com, via the CBS App for iOS, Android or Windows 10, and on connected devices such as Roku Players, Apple TV, Chromecast, Android TV, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Fire TV.
For those wondering about the housemates’ safety in such close quarters, the producers assert that their PPE-wearing staff and crew are tested prior to working on the set and will be screened daily for symptoms. A COVID-19 compliance officer will also be on hand to monitor adherence to protocols. In fact, several scheduled contestants have already been eliminated due to positive COVID-19 tests.
What about the rest? Will they socially distance? Who will wear masks? Who won’t? You’ll have to tune in tonight to find out.
- Making the Electoral Sausage - September 28, 2020
- Beware the Jelly Monsters - September 25, 2020
- Happy Birthday, John Bunny - September 24, 2020
- The Virtual Play’s the Thing - September 23, 2020
- Vigilante Killer? - September 21, 2020
- Nurse Ratched Returns! - September 18, 2020
- Unholy Backwater, Batman! - September 16, 2020
- Facebooking with ‘Steve’ - September 14, 2020
- ‘Miscast,’ but in a Good Way - September 11, 2020
- Cartoonist’s Conscience - September 9, 2020