(Photo source: Evoca’s Facebook page)
You may have heard some recent rumblings about the next generation of over-the-air television, also called ATSC 3.0 or Next Gen TV, that’s supposed to deliver Internet-type capabilities via traditional broadcast signals.
We’ve heard similar rumblings, but have been waiting until some inkling of actual content reached our desks. That has now happened via an agreement between Byron Allen’s Entertainment Studios Networks (ESN) and Evoca, a new multi-channel subscription service.
Here’s what we know so far:
- Evoca promises “live TV, movies, and more” for under $50 a month.
- Evoca plans tol launch first in Boise, ID later this summer.
- Viewers will need to attach an ATSC 3.0 tuner to their TV sets, or buy a TV set with ATSC 3.0 built-in. The former are not yet available, nor do we have an expected price range. You can see a list of the latter at DigitalTrends.com.
- Evoca’s channel package will include the following from Entertainment Studios Networks:
For more, visit evoca.tv.
- Burlesque Fest Oct. 1-4 - September 29, 2020
- Herb Alpert Doc Free 10/1 - September 29, 2020
- ‘God’s Wrecking Ball’ - September 28, 2020
- Grandfather of the Bride? - September 25, 2020
- Anarchist Dispatches - September 25, 2020
- Amazon’s Utopian Vision - September 24, 2020
- Women’s Cancer Benefit - September 24, 2020
- Thursday’s for the Dogs - September 22, 2020
- Tales of Two ‘Doctors’ - September 21, 2020
- ‘Spides’ Free on Crackle - September 17, 2020