(Photo source: Evoca’s Facebook page)
You may have heard some recent rumblings about the next generation of over-the-air television, also called ATSC 3.0 or Next Gen TV, that’s supposed to deliver Internet-type capabilities via traditional broadcast signals.
We’ve heard similar rumblings, but have been waiting until some inkling of actual content reached our desks. That has now happened via an agreement between Byron Allen’s Entertainment Studios Networks (ESN) and Evoca, a new multi-channel subscription service.
Here’s what we know so far:
- Evoca promises “live TV, movies, and more” for under $50 a month.
- Evoca plans tol launch first in Boise, ID later this summer.
- Viewers will need to attach an ATSC 3.0 tuner to their TV sets, or buy a TV set with ATSC 3.0 built-in. The former are not yet available, nor do we have an expected price range. You can see a list of the latter at DigitalTrends.com.
- Evoca’s channel package will include the following from Entertainment Studios Networks:
For more, visit evoca.tv.
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021