(Above source: YouTube video)
Muppets Now, a weekly series in which the famous characters do improv, debuts today, July 31, on Disney +. Five subsequent episodes will be released Fridays through September 4.
Scooter, Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy, along with other Muppet favorites and human guest stars, will – we are told – work without a script. Replete with “off-the-cuff gags,” the show promises “zany experiments with Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker to lifestyle tips from the fabulous Miss Piggy.” Which Muppet will be first to break character in hysterics, ala Harvey Korman?
Want more Muppets?
Unfortunately, the granddaddy of them all, The Muppet Show (1976-1981) is currently unavailable to stream.
The Muppets (2015), a 17-episode mockumentary series which explored the professional and personal lives of the characters, is also available on Disney +. Or you can buy individual episodes starting at $1.99 from Amazon, Google Plus and other providers.
Disney + is also home to The Muppet Movie (1979), The Great Muppet Caper (1981), The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992), Muppet Treasure Island (1996), The Muppets (2011) and Muppets Most Wanted (2014). You can also find these titles from numerous other streaming services.
But what about The Muppets Take Manhattan (1984)? You won’t find it on Disney +, but you can stream it free, with ads, on Pluto TV or IMDb TV. If you prefer your Muppets uninterrupted, you can rent the film starting at $2.99 from Vudu, RedBox or numerous other providers.
Disney + costs $6.99 a month or $69.99 annually. A combo plan, $12.99 a month, consists of Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+.
For more, visit Disney +.
- Videos for Generation Alpha - August 4, 2020
- Bloody Disgusting Streamer - August 3, 2020
- The Muppets Do Improv - July 31, 2020
- Decades ‘Odd Couple’ Binge - July 30, 2020
- Cubers’ Winning Friendship - July 29, 2020
- Jeffrey Epstein Story - July 28, 2020
- Brit Week on Hulu - July 27, 2020
- RIP, Olivia de Havilland - July 26, 2020
- This Web Series is ‘NC-16’ - July 24, 2020
- A Horrific Inheritance - July 23, 2020