(Above source: Shudder)
Impetigore (aka Perempuan Tanah Jahanam), a 2019 Indonesian film about a woman who stands to inherit an estate with a horrific past, debuts today, July 23, on subscription streamer Shudder.
Maya (Tara Bosro) has just survived a murder attempt when she learns she might be heir to a large house in her ancestral village. She journeys there with her friend Dini (Marissa Anita) only to find out that the locals want to kill her to in order to remove a curse that has tormented the village for years. Instead of escaping a hard life, Maya must come to terms with a mysterious, complicated past while fighting to stay alive.
The cast also includes Ario Bayu, Christine Hakim and Asmara Abigail. Joko Anwar directed.
The film is in Indonesian with English subtitles.
Shudder costs $5.99 a month or $56.99 annually ($4.75 a month), with a seven-day free trial. For more information, visit Shudder.com.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021