(Above: Chye-Ling Huang and Cole Jenkins in ‘Life is Easy,’ courtesy of Revry)
“They thought they were ‘woke’ – until they woke up in each other’s bodies.”
Welcome to the world of best friends Jamie-Li (Chye-Ling Huang), a straight Chinese-Kiwi woman, and Curtis (Cole Jenkins), a gay white man — who find themselves body-swapped, Freaky Friday-style, after a wild night celebrating their joint 25th birthdays. They soon find the issues of race, gender and sexuality to be much more complex than they ever imagined.
You can see this situation play out in Life is Easy…or LIE…an eight-episode satirical comedy from New Zealand debuting this Sunday, July 19, on queer streamer Revry.
Life is Easy was first streamed by TV New Zealand in December, 2019.
Revry said episodes will run Sundays at 8 pm ET/PT over its free 24/7 channel, which you can find on Xumo’s channel 463 or Samsung TV Plus’ channel 1226.
You can also binge-watch all eight episodes of Life is Easy starting Sunday by subscribing to Revry Premium, which costs $6.99 a month or $59.88 annually ($4.99 a month), each with a seven-day free trial.
For a complete platform/device list and more info, visit revry.tv.
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021