(Above: Ray Walston in ‘My Favorite Martian.’ Source: Wikimedia)
FilmRise, a free streamer of contemporary and classic films and TV shows, will host a binge of My Favorite Martian this weekend, July 18-19.
The service did not provide a marathon start time or episode listings.
My Favorite Martian (1963-1966) originally aired 107 episodes over three seasons on CBS. The first two seasons were in black and white, the last in color.
The sci-fi TV sitcom stars Ray Walston as an anthropologist from Mars who crash lands on Earth. He is taken in – and his identity protected by – newspaper reporter Tim O’Hara (Bill Bixby). The Martian, who becomes known as Tim’s Uncle Martin, has several tricks up his sleeve. They include telepathy, telekinesis and retractable back-of-head antennae.
You can find the FilmRise Sci-Fi channel on Roku, Redbox.com, Xumo, Vizio WatchFree and Samsung TV Plus.
Other Viewing Options
In addition, My Favorite Martian airs Sundays 6 to 8 am ET on Cozi TV. Visit cozitv.com/get-cozi-tv to find the channel number in your area. If you don’t have cable, you can watch Cozi TV with an antenna hooked up to your TV set — no Martian required.
Below is the pilot episode from September 29, 1963:
- Walter’s Supernatural Alps - August 7, 2020
- Lucy’s Got Game - August 6, 2020
- Competitive Quarantine - August 5, 2020
- Videos for Generation Alpha - August 4, 2020
- Bloody Disgusting Streamer - August 3, 2020
- The Muppets Do Improv - July 31, 2020
- Decades ‘Odd Couple’ Binge - July 30, 2020
- Cubers’ Winning Friendship - July 29, 2020
- Jeffrey Epstein Story - July 28, 2020
- Brit Week on Hulu - July 27, 2020