(Above: Ray Walston in ‘My Favorite Martian.’ Source: Wikimedia)
FilmRise, a free streamer of contemporary and classic films and TV shows, will host a binge of My Favorite Martian this weekend, July 18-19.
The service did not provide a marathon start time or episode listings.
My Favorite Martian (1963-1966) originally aired 107 episodes over three seasons on CBS. The first two seasons were in black and white, the last in color.
The sci-fi TV sitcom stars Ray Walston as an anthropologist from Mars who crash lands on Earth. He is taken in – and his identity protected by – newspaper reporter Tim O’Hara (Bill Bixby). The Martian, who becomes known as Tim’s Uncle Martin, has several tricks up his sleeve. They include telepathy, telekinesis and retractable back-of-head antennae.
You can find the FilmRise Sci-Fi channel on Roku, Redbox.com, Xumo, Vizio WatchFree and Samsung TV Plus.
Other Viewing Options
In addition, My Favorite Martian airs Sundays 6 to 8 am ET on Cozi TV. Visit cozitv.com/get-cozi-tv to find the channel number in your area. If you don’t have cable, you can watch Cozi TV with an antenna hooked up to your TV set — no Martian required.
Below is the pilot episode from September 29, 1963:
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021