(Above source: Shudder)
Lake of Death (De Dødes Tjern), an update on a 1958 film based on a popular 1942 Norwegian horror novel, debuts Thursday, July 16, on Shudder.
A year after her twin brother Bjørn (Patrick Walshe McBride) died mysteriously and alone at their old family cabin, Lillian (Iben Akerlie) and her friends return to the spot to say their goodbyes. When strange and gruesome events start to occur, Lillian must sort reality from nightmare to stay alive.
Directed by Nini Bull Robsahm, the cast also includes Jacob Andersen Schøyen, Jonathan Harboe, Sophia Lie and Elias Munk.
Lake of Death is in Norwegian and Danish, with English subtitles.
Shudder costs $5.99 a month or $56.99 annually ($4.75 a month), with a seven-day free trial. For more information, visit Shudder.com.
The 1958 movie is currently unavailable to stream but can be purchased on disc.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021