(Above: Laura Carmichael in ‘The Secrets She Keeps.’ Source: YouTube video)
British actress Laura Carmichael, best known as frequently beleaguered Lady Edith in Downton Abbey, plays one of two very pregnant Australian women in The Secrets She Keeps, a six-part psychological thriller debuting this Thursday, July 16, on Sundance Now.
Carmichael plays Aggie, a downtrodden supermarket shelf stacker who meets the equally pregnant Meghan (Jessica De Gouw), a well-to-do online influencer. Single Aggie is thrilled to be having a baby. Married Meghan, already the mother of two, finds the coming child to be putting pressure on an already strained marriage.
The kicker: “Both women have secrets. And both will risk everything to conceal the truth. But their worlds are about to collide in one shocking act that cannot be undone.”
Possible spoiler alert from the official trailer, which follows: There will be a missing baby…or two.
The Secrets She Keeps is based on a novel by Michael Robotham. Sundance Now will launch an episode a week,Thursdays through August 20.
The series ran originally in April on Australia’s Network Ten.
Sundance Now costs $6.99 a month, or $59.99 annually ($4.99 a month), following a seven-day free trial. The service specializes in true crime, dramas and thrillers from around the world.
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021