(Above: ‘Camp TV’ counselor Zachary Noah Piser. Source: WNET)
Camp TV, a one-hour weekday show that brings the summer day camp experience to children stuck at home, opens this Monday, July 13, on public TV stations nationwide (check local listings for the time in your area). Episodes will also be available at camptv.org.
Broadway performer Zachary Noah Piser (Dear Evan Hansen, Wicked) is head counselor. He starts each episode with a welcome song and the day’s theme. This Monday is Silly Hat Day, followed the rest of the week by Song Day, Camping Day, Rhyme Day and Silly Sock Day. Zach then guides campers through a range of activities that entail nature, math, science, the arts, movement, storytelling and writing.
Sheltering-in-place campers can also expect to meet all sorts of animals, including chickens who like classical music. There’s also a storytelling segment focusing on a different book each day.
Produced by Thirteen Productions LLC for WNET, Camp TV’s content partners include the Brooklyn Children’s Museum, Chamber Music Society, Children’s Museum of the Arts, Franklin Institute, Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, Lincoln Center, Memphis Zoo, National Dance Institute, New York Botanical Garden, New York Public Library and Wildlife Conservation Society. Additional content is provided by teachers who participated in The WNET Group’s NJTV Learning Live series.
For more information, visit camptv.org.
- Epic Flight to Freedom - May 14, 2021
- Wanda Sykes’ Netflix Sitcom - May 12, 2021
- Live Longer and Prosper - May 10, 2021
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021