(Above: host Karl Schmid, courtesy ‘+Life’)
+Life, a weekly 26-episode lifestyle series, will debut this Sunday, July 12, on ABC’s five-month-old over-the-air lifestyle channel Localish. Airtimes are 2 pm and 7 pm ET, but check local listings. Each half-hour episode will also be available for streaming at Localish.com.
One of the executive producers, Karl Schmid, who is also an entertainment reporter for KABC, channel 7 in Los Angeles, will preside as host.
+Life is designed to encourage viewers “to live their best lives.” The first episode will feature Andrew Bell, lead singer of Erasure, “who gets real about making music, living life and overcoming challenges.’ In addition, personal trainer and comedian Marvin Telp will do a virtual workout with +Life fitness expert Raif Derazzi; Shelly Lorusso, founder of The Olivia Hope Foundation, will discuss the fight to end childhood cancer with +Life medical expert Dr. Anu Seshadri; and chef Ted Torres will prepare pan-seared branzino with roasted asparagus and sweet plantains.
Future guests will include Fran Drescher, Judith Light, Melissa Rivers and Moby.
Localish, formerly Live Well, airs in the eight markets where ABC owns TV stations: Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, Houston, San Francisco, Raleigh and Fresno. For channel numbers, vist Localish’s Where to Watch page. To watch for free over the air, make sure you have an antenna hooked up to your TV set.
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021