(Above: Laura Sepul in ‘Banking District.’ Source: YouTube video)
Today, June 30, MHz Choice debuts season two of Banking District (Quartiers des Banques), a Swiss-Belgian thriller involving power struggles at a 300-year-old family-run bank. Subsequent episodes will land weekly through Tuesday, August 4.
Season one, set in January 2012, involved a US crackdown on the secretive Swiss banking system. Complicating matters, a young private bank director was found in a coma under mysterious circumstances, and his sister, Elisabeth Grangier (Laura Sepul), needed to save the bank and find his would-be killer.
Season two picks up two years later, with Grangier having helped restore the honorable reputation of the Grangier Bank – until an international corruption scandal threatens to bring disrepute on the family bank once again. Elisabeth must now enter the world of diamond trafficking while “waging a ruthless war for control of the bank against hostile forces within.”
Created by Fulvio Bernasconi, Jean-Marc Fröhle and Stéphane Mitchell, the cast also includes Féodor Atkine, Stéphane Metzger, Arnaud Binard and Lauriane Gilliéron.
The show is in French with English subtitles.
MHz Choice costs $7.99 monthly or $89.99 yearly after a seven-day free trial. But you can now get 50% off your first month by using the promo code SPRING20. For a device list, to learn what other subtitled international series are available, or to subscribe, visit mhzchoice.com.
- ‘Nest’ on Acorn TV - July 13, 2020
- Send the Kids to ‘Camp TV’ - July 10, 2020
- Grown-up Animation - July 9, 2020
- NY Times Documentary Series - July 9, 2020
- Public Domain Horror - July 7, 2020
- A Streamer with Giddy-Up - July 6, 2020
- Binge July 4th TV - July 3, 2020
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 2, 2020
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - July 2, 2020
- Olivia de Havilland Turns 104 - July 1, 2020