(Above: Peter Mygind in ‘The Sommerdahl Murders.’ Source: YouTube video)
The Sommerdahl Murders, an eight-episode Danish series involving four different mysteries and a love triangle among homicide investigators, debuts today, June 29, on Acorn TV.
Set in the Danish coastal town of Helsingør, Detective Chief inspector Dan Sommerdahl (Peter Mygind) is more attentive to the details of murders than to the needs of his wife, Chief Criminal Technician Marianne Sommerdahl (Laura Drasbæk). Feeling neglected, she and Dan’s best friend and colleague, Detective Flemming Torp (André Babikian), develop feelings for each other. With a marriage and friendship on the rocks, the three must work together to solve crimes for the North Sjælland Police.
Four cases are presented in two-episode arcs. They include a search for the missing newborn baby of a dead woman; a lottery winner victimized by a marriage swindler; a rich playboy killed whose accountant goes missing; and the arrest of the Helsingør’s football club’s star player on suspicion of murder.
The show, in Danish with English subtitles, is based on Anna Grue’s series of novels.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021