(Above source: DC Universe)
Doom Patrol, the show about a group of reluctant outcast superheroes, will debut the first three episodes of its second season this Thursday, June 25, on subscription streamers HBO Max and DC Universe. Subsequent episodes will debut weekly through August 6.
In season two, the super pariahs – Cliff Steele/Robotman (Brendan Fraser), Larry Trainor/Negative Man (Matt Bomer), Rita Farr/Elasti-Woman (April Bowlby), Jane/Crazy Jane (Diane Guerrero) and Victor Stone/Cyborg (Joivan Wade) – find themselves miniaturized and stranded on Cliff’s toy race car track. Eric Morden/Mr. Nobody (Alan Tudyk) may be defeated, but collectively they must deal with the impact of Niles Caulder/The Chief’s (Timothy Dalton) betrayal. They must also unite to protect the newest member of the group, Dorothy Spinner (Abigail Shapiro), Niles’ daughter. Her mysterious powers could lead to the end of the world.
DC Comics introduced The Doom Patrol characters in 1963. Although they had guested in numerous animated and live action TV shows, the misfits didn’t get their own series until Doom Patrol debuted its first 15-episode series on DC Universe last year.
Want to Sample Doom Patrol?
For a limited time, DC Comics has made the first three season one episodes available for free on YouTube. You can watch them here in one three-hour binge:
DC Universe is $7.99/month, with a seven-day free trial. In addition to TV series, the streamer offers movies, comic books, industry news and community chat boards.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021