(Photo: Padma Lakshmi in ‘Taste the Nation,’ source IMDb)
Hulu’s Taste the Nation with Padma Lakshmi, a Hulu series whose debut was moved from tomorrow to today in deference to Juneteenth, has posted an African-American themed episode, “The Gullah Way,” free on YouTube through Sunday, June 21. You can also watch it below.
In the 10-episode series, host Lakshmi (Top Chef) travels the US to explore the food culture of various immigrant groups.
“The Gullah Way” finds Lakshmi in South Carolina where the Gullah Geechee people are fighting to preserve traditions passed down from their ancestors: West Africans forced into slavery. In the episode, Lakshmi catches and cracks crabs, and learns more about efforts to reclaim the Gullah heritage.
Here’s “The Gullah Way”:
Other episodes of Taste the Nation with Padma Lakshmi visit Mexicans in El Paso, Thais in Las Vegas, Chinese in San Francisco, Japanese in Hawaii, Germans in Milwaukee, Persians in Los Angeles, Peruvians in New Jersey, Indians in New York City, and even the food of non-immigrant Native Americans in Arizona.
For more on Taste the Nation with Padma Lakshmi, visit Hulu.
- Tulsa Race Massacre, 1921 - May 18, 2021
- Emily Watson’s ‘Too Close’ - May 17, 2021
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021