(Photo: Padma Lakshmi in ‘Taste the Nation,’ source IMDb)
Hulu’s Taste the Nation with Padma Lakshmi, a Hulu series whose debut was moved from tomorrow to today in deference to Juneteenth, has posted an African-American themed episode, “The Gullah Way,” free on YouTube through Sunday, June 21. You can also watch it below.
In the 10-episode series, host Lakshmi (Top Chef) travels the US to explore the food culture of various immigrant groups.
“The Gullah Way” finds Lakshmi in South Carolina where the Gullah Geechee people are fighting to preserve traditions passed down from their ancestors: West Africans forced into slavery. In the episode, Lakshmi catches and cracks crabs, and learns more about efforts to reclaim the Gullah heritage.
Here’s “The Gullah Way”:
Other episodes of Taste the Nation with Padma Lakshmi visit Mexicans in El Paso, Thais in Las Vegas, Chinese in San Francisco, Japanese in Hawaii, Germans in Milwaukee, Persians in Los Angeles, Peruvians in New Jersey, Indians in New York City, and even the food of non-immigrant Native Americans in Arizona.
For more on Taste the Nation with Padma Lakshmi, visit Hulu.
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021