Austin is one of America’s stellar musical cities, so it should come as no surprise that tonight’s concert to help businesses in the Texas city would offer an all-star lineup. But we were surprised to learn that non-Austin resident Paul Simon is spearheading the event with Texas icon Willie Nelson.
The two-hour A Night for Austin, benefitting the Austin Community Foundation, will stream at 8 pm CT/9 pm ET over ANightForAustin.com and Twitch. It can also be seen locally over the air on channel 42.
In addition to Simon and Nelson, tonight’s participants will include Simon’s wife Edie Brickell, Nelson’s son Lukas, Bonnie Raitt, Boz Scaggs, Gary Clark Jr, James Taylor, Jimmie Vaughan, John Hiatt, Lyle Lovett, Norah Jones, Patty Griffin, Asleep at the Wheel, Sean Colvin, and Vince Gill, among others.
Non-musical guests will include Ethan Hawke, Owen Wilson, Renee Zellweger and Woody Harrelson.
For more, visit ANightForAustin.com.
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021