(Photo: Dan Gellert and Ma Crow in ‘The Mountain Minor’)
A couple of months ago, we wrote about Amazon Prime’s debut of The Mountain Minor, a family drama featuring a soundtrack full of old-timey mountain music. At 8 pm ET/PT tomorrow, June 6, the movie will also run free on Heartland Network, available over the air via antenna and streaming via Roku and WatchHeartlandTV.com.
Heartland will also show the two-hour film on Monday, June 15, at 7 pm. Sunday, June 21 at 4 pm and Saturday, June 27 at 10 pm.
Banjo player/fiddler Dan Gellert plays Charlie, who migrated from Appalachia to Ohio as a child during the Great Depression and now wants to return to his childhood home – but not before passing on his musical heritage to his grandchildren. The cast also includes musicians Ma Crow, Elizabeth LaPrelle, the Tillers and Trevor McKenzie.
The Mountain Minor is based loosely on writer/director Dale Farmer’s own grandparents, who moved from Eastern Kentucky to Ohio when they were children.
Heartland is a country music and lifestyle network. For a complete schedule, visit watchheartlandtv.com/schedule. To see if you can tune in over the air via an antenna hooked up to your TV set, and to get your local channel number, visit watchheartlandtv.com/affiliates.
For more on the film, visit TheMountainMinorMovie.com.
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021