(Photo: Dan Gellert and Ma Crow in ‘The Mountain Minor’)
A couple of months ago, we wrote about Amazon Prime’s debut of The Mountain Minor, a family drama featuring a soundtrack full of old-timey mountain music. At 8 pm ET/PT tomorrow, June 6, the movie will also run free on Heartland Network, available over the air via antenna and streaming via Roku and WatchHeartlandTV.com.
Heartland will also show the two-hour film on Monday, June 15, at 7 pm. Sunday, June 21 at 4 pm and Saturday, June 27 at 10 pm.
Banjo player/fiddler Dan Gellert plays Charlie, who migrated from Appalachia to Ohio as a child during the Great Depression and now wants to return to his childhood home – but not before passing on his musical heritage to his grandchildren. The cast also includes musicians Ma Crow, Elizabeth LaPrelle, the Tillers and Trevor McKenzie.
The Mountain Minor is based loosely on writer/director Dale Farmer’s own grandparents, who moved from Eastern Kentucky to Ohio when they were children.
Heartland is a country music and lifestyle network. For a complete schedule, visit watchheartlandtv.com/schedule. To see if you can tune in over the air via an antenna hooked up to your TV set, and to get your local channel number, visit watchheartlandtv.com/affiliates.
For more on the film, visit TheMountainMinorMovie.com.
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021
- A Look at Local Now - April 23, 2021
- ‘Secrets of the Whales’ - April 22, 2021
- ‘Philly D.A.’ Docuseries - April 20, 2021