(Above source: YouTube video)
Finland’s Rovio Entertainment will debut a 15-episode second season of its live-action series, Angry Birds on the Run, this Saturday, June 6, on the Angry Birds YouTube channel. New episodes will land every Saturday through September 12. There will also be three specials.
Angry Birds on the Run consists of two-to-three-minute episodes starring the famous plush Angry Bird toys – Red, Bomb, and Chuck – as they try to escape the human world. In season two, they will be assisted by new Angry Birds characters Stella and Matilda but must also confront lifelong rivals, the Piggies.
The 22-episode first season is available now to stream free on YouTube. You can also watch the premiere episode below:
Hatched as a popular mobile game, Angry Birds has migrated across multiple brand platforms including TV series, comic books, music and even amusement parks. The Angry Birds YouTube channel has over five billion views.
A long-form series, Angry Birds: Summer Madness, is planned for release on Netflix in 2021.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021