(Above: the cast of ‘Speakerine.’ Source: MHz Choice blog)
Speakerine’s creators crossed Mad Men with Agatha Christie to come up with the six-part French drama, debuting today on subscription streamer MHz Choice.
It’s 1962 and Christine Beauval (Marie Gillain) is a Parisian TV station’s most popular “speakerine.” That’s French for the female TV personalities who announced each day’s programs but, in keeping with their beginnings in radio, were never seen by the audience. Christine longs to produce her own program about women’s lives, but her own life may very well be at risk:
Speakerine’s cast also includes Barbara Probst (below), Gregory Fitoussi and Guillaume de Tonquédec.
Speakerine first aired on France 2 in 2018. MHz Choice will debut one episode weekly on Tuesdays through July 7.
MHz Choice costs $7.99 monthly or $89.99 yearly after a seven-day free trial. But you can now get 50% off your first month by using the promo code SPRING20. For a device list, to learn what other subtitled international series are available, or to subscribe, visit mhzchoice.com.
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021
- A Look at Local Now - April 23, 2021
- ‘Secrets of the Whales’ - April 22, 2021
- ‘Philly D.A.’ Docuseries - April 20, 2021