(Above: the cast of ‘Speakerine.’ Source: MHz Choice blog)
Speakerine’s creators crossed Mad Men with Agatha Christie to come up with the six-part French drama, debuting today on subscription streamer MHz Choice.
It’s 1962 and Christine Beauval (Marie Gillain) is a Parisian TV station’s most popular “speakerine.” That’s French for the female TV personalities who announced each day’s programs but, in keeping with their beginnings in radio, were never seen by the audience. Christine longs to produce her own program about women’s lives, but her own life may very well be at risk:
Speakerine’s cast also includes Barbara Probst (below), Gregory Fitoussi and Guillaume de Tonquédec.
Speakerine first aired on France 2 in 2018. MHz Choice will debut one episode weekly on Tuesdays through July 7.
MHz Choice costs $7.99 monthly or $89.99 yearly after a seven-day free trial. But you can now get 50% off your first month by using the promo code SPRING20. For a device list, to learn what other subtitled international series are available, or to subscribe, visit mhzchoice.com.
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021