Bluprint’s time runs out.
You might assume that NBCUniversal’s Bluprint, a streaming service dedicated to instructional videos for crafts and hobbies, would be thriving during a time of sheltering at home, when so many people have so much time on their hands.
“We think of time as our greatest competition,” Bluprint GM Catherine Balsam-Schwaber told The Savvy Screener last year. “Making time to embark on a creative journey can be the biggest obstacle that gets in the way of finding a hobby or activity that you love.”
Bluprint’s own time, however, has run out. The service announced last week that it’s shutting down.
Exactly when is unclear, but Bluprint ceased selling subscriptions, individual classes and supplies as of yesterday, May 31.
(Above: Bluprint’s Fashion Sewing with Jhoan Sebastian Grey)
Bluprint began as Craftsy 10 years ago and was acquired by NBCUniversal in 2017. It offered thousands of hours of original classes in categories ranging from wellness and fitness to sewing, baking, cooking, writing… and doodling.
“We are looking at various options to allow those of you who have purchased individual classes to receive a copy of your classes,” John Levisay, Craftsy’s co-founder and now CEO of Bluprint, wrote in last week’s letter to users. “We are also planning to issue prorated refunds for paid subscribers based on the last day our service will be available.”
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021