Episodes from all 11 seasons of The Carol Burnett Show (CBS, 1967-1978) will be available, free and on-demand, from streamer Shout! Factory TV starting in June.
To kick things off, the service will host a 48-hour weekend marathon, Saturday, May 30, through Sunday, May 31. The binge will be viewable at ShoutFactoryTV.com; via Shout Factory TV’s apps for Roku, Amazon Fire, Apple TV and Android; and on Twitch, YouTube, Pluto TV, Stirr and other platforms.
Shout! Factory TV says many of the episodes in its on-demand library have not been seen since their original CBS broadcast more than 40 years ago.
Previously, only select episodes were available to stream on demand – for a price – from Amazon and iTunes.
Over-the-air channel MeTV continues to show episodes Sunday nights at 10:30 pm ET/PT and weeknights at 11 pm.
MeTV is available free by hooking up an antenna to your TV set. For the channel number in your area, check MeTV.com/wheretowatch.
Here is Carol in 1971, amid her TV fame, chatting with Dick Cavett:
- ‘Nest’ on Acorn TV - July 13, 2020
- Send the Kids to ‘Camp TV’ - July 10, 2020
- Grown-up Animation - July 9, 2020
- NY Times Documentary Series - July 9, 2020
- Public Domain Horror - July 7, 2020
- A Streamer with Giddy-Up - July 6, 2020
- Binge July 4th TV - July 3, 2020
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 2, 2020
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - July 2, 2020
- Olivia de Havilland Turns 104 - July 1, 2020