We Are One: A Global Film Festival, a mammoth free YouTube event, will kick off this Friday, May 29, at 7:04 am ET with Bird Karma, the first animated short from DreamWorks.
We Are One will conclude 10 days later on Sunday, June 7, after screening more than 100 films co-curated by 21 film festivals from around the world. The event will also feature pre-recorded talks and musical performances.
We Are One will include 13 world premieres, including on day one at 10:45 am: Losing Alice, an Israeli neo-noir psychological TV thriller in which an ambitious female film director meets — and obsesses over — a younger femme-fatale screenwriter.
World premiere documentaries will include And She Could Be Next (debuting Sunday, May 31, 4:30 pm), a two-parter on the experiences of women of color running for office, including Stacey Abrams and Rashida Tlaib. It comes courtesy of the Tribeca Film Festival, whose parent Tribeca Enterprises is presenting the entire festival in partnership with YouTube.
The talks will include a Conversation with Guillermo del Toro (debuting Sunday, May 31, 7:04 am), recorded in 2018 at the Marrakech International Film Festival.
We Are One will solicit donations to the World Health Organization Covid-19 Solidarity Response Fund.
For info on other films and evolving schedules, and to tune in starting Friday, visit YouTube.com/WeAreOne.
Participating festivals are:
- Kaye Ballard Doc Debuts - July 13, 2020
- Globetrotting Shakespeare - July 10, 2020
- ‘+Life’ Comes to Localish - July 10, 2020
- Celebrate Ultraman Day - July 9, 2020
- ‘Extraordinary’ Panels - July 9, 2020
- ‘Olympia’ Dukakis Doc - July 8, 2020
- Ringo Starr Turns 80 - July 7, 2020
- Happy 85th, The Dalai Lama! - July 6, 2020
- Molière’s ‘Tartuffe’ - July 6, 2020
- Celebrating Carl Reiner - July 3, 2020