(Above: Emily Watson in ‘Within the Whirlwind.’ Source: YouTube video)
Within the Whirlwind, a 2009 drama based on the true story of a woman who survived a decade in a Soviet gulag, debuts tomorrow, May 22, on indie subscription streamer Film Movement Plus.
In the paranoid Stalinist era of the 1930s Soviet Union, teacher and writer Eugenia Ginzburg (two-time Oscar nominee Emily Watson) is suddenly accused of participating in a Trotskyist Counter Revolutionary group and taken to a notorious prison camp. There she endures years of hard labor and brutal cold.
The cast includes Pam Ferris, Ian Hart, Ben Miller and Ulrich Tukur.
Film Movement Plus offers a catalog of cult and art-house classics. Many Film Movement Plus titles were feted at film festivals around the world. A subscription costs $5.99/month with a 30-day free trial.
For more, visit FilmMovementPlus.com.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021