(Above: Michael Smiley in ‘Dead Still.’ Source: YouTube video)
Dead Still, a dark Irish dramedy about the strange and macabre Victorian-era practice of “post-mortem photography,” premieres its first two episodes today, May 18, on Acorn TV. The remaining four episodes will debut Mondays through June 15.
The show centers on an 1880s Dublin memorial photographer Brock Blennerhasset (Michael Smiley) and assistant Conall Molloy (Kerr Logan) as they visit grieving families and memorialize their departed loved ones with pictures. They are assisted by Brock’s niece, Nancy (Eileen O’Higgins).
Meanwhile, Detective Frederick Regan (Aidan O’Hare) believes a serial killer on the prowl is taking photos of people in their final moments. Brock, Molloy and Nancy are forced to protect their trade – and their lives.
The cast includes Jimmy Smallhorne, Mark Rendall, Peter Campion and Martin Donovan.
Acorn TV now costs $5.99 monthly, with a 30-day free trial if you use code FREE30 at acorn.tv. Until recently, the price was $4.99/month. However, Amazon Prime subscribers can still get an Acorn TV add-on channel for $4.99 monthly, also with the extended free trial period.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021