(Above: Michael Smiley in ‘Dead Still.’ Source: YouTube video)
Dead Still, a dark Irish dramedy about the strange and macabre Victorian-era practice of “post-mortem photography,” premieres its first two episodes today, May 18, on Acorn TV. The remaining four episodes will debut Mondays through June 15.
The show centers on an 1880s Dublin memorial photographer Brock Blennerhasset (Michael Smiley) and assistant Conall Molloy (Kerr Logan) as they visit grieving families and memorialize their departed loved ones with pictures. They are assisted by Brock’s niece, Nancy (Eileen O’Higgins).
Meanwhile, Detective Frederick Regan (Aidan O’Hare) believes a serial killer on the prowl is taking photos of people in their final moments. Brock, Molloy and Nancy are forced to protect their trade – and their lives.
The cast includes Jimmy Smallhorne, Mark Rendall, Peter Campion and Martin Donovan.
Acorn TV now costs $5.99 monthly, with a 30-day free trial if you use code FREE30 at acorn.tv. Until recently, the price was $4.99/month. However, Amazon Prime subscribers can still get an Acorn TV add-on channel for $4.99 monthly, also with the extended free trial period.
- ‘Mr. Belvedere’ Reunion - May 29, 2020
- ‘Holiday’ Viewing Party - May 29, 2020
- Carol Burnett on Shout! - May 28, 2020
- Animated ‘Central Park’ - May 28, 2020
- ‘Filthy Rich’ Epstein - May 27, 2020
- HBO Max’s Opening Slate - May 26, 2020
- Ultimate Shakespeare Binge - May 22, 2020
- ‘Homecoming’ Returns - May 22, 2020
- Guilty Pleasure Alert - May 21, 2020
- Soviet Gulag Drama - May 21, 2020