(Above source: YouTube video)
For fans of the Amazon comedy Good Omens, this may be as close to a reunion as it gets.
This year marks the 30th anniversary of Terry Pratchett’s and Neil Gaiman’s 1990 novel about the unlikely bromance between a demon and angel.
To commemorate the occasion, Dr. Who’s David Tennant (Crowley, the demon) and Twilight’s Michael Sheen (Aziraphale, the angel) lend their voices to a three-minute episode in which the two have a proper socially distanced phone call. Crowley finds the lockdown to be hellish, while Aziraphale thinks it is heavenly – it has allowed him to catch up on reading and do a lot of baking.
You can watch the episode here:
If you are looking for a way to pass the time in quarantine purgatory, The Savvy Screener highly recommends Good Omens.
The story: The Apocalypse is at hand as the forces of Heaven and Hell ready for battle. But the fussy Aziraphale and devil-may-care Crowley have grown attached to the world as it is, so they strike a deal. They will join forces to find the missing Anti-Christ — an 11-year-old boy who is unaware of his role in biblical prophecy – and stop Armageddon.
The show has fun with the geopolitics of supernatural realms, and Aziraphale and Crowley make the best odd couple since Felix and Oscar.
The cast also includes Frances McDormand, Jon Hamm, Michael McKean and Brian Cox.
You can watch the six-episode series with an Amazon Prime subscription.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021