(Above: The cast of ‘Parks and Recreation.’ Source: Wikimedia)
The cast of Parks and Recreation will reunite for a socially distanced 30-minute fundraising special on NBC tomorrow, April 30, at 8:30 pm ET/PT.
Original cast members are expected to return, including Amy Poehler, Rashida Jones, Aziz Ansari, Nick Offerman, Aubrey Plaza, Chris Pratt, Adam Scott, Rob Lowe, Jim O’Heir and Retta. There may also be guest cameos.
The premise: Pawnee’s most dedicated civil servant, Leslie Knope (Poehler), is determined to stay connected to her friends during the crisis.
The special will raise funds for Feeding America’s COVID-19 Response Fund, which supports food banks that serve individuals facing hunger during the pandemic. You can donate at feedingamerica.org/parksandrec. In addition, State Farm, Subaru of America, NBCUniversal and the Parks and Recreation writers, producers and cast have pledged to make a combined total of $500,000 in matching donations through May 21.
Parks and Recreation (2009 to 2015) ran a total of 126 episodes over seven seasons on NBC. You can stream all seven seasons with subscriptions to Netflix, Amazon Prime or Hulu. You can also buy individual episodes for $1.99 from Google Play, iTunes, YouTube and other sources.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021