(Above: Roger Burton is ‘Old Guy’)
An aging actor attempts to get jobs, but mainly gets offered roles as a generic “old guy.” Something similar happened to Roger Burton, father of five women who run LA-based Five Sisters Productions. So the younger Burtons developed a short-form sitcom about ageism in media. Called Old Guy, it stars…of course… their dad in the title role.
Roger’s real wife, Gabrielle Burton, plays Old Guy’s wife, with Peri Gilpin (Roz on Frasier) co-starring as his agent.
Filming of Old Guy was completed a few years ago. Gabrielle Burton, also a noted feminist novelist and screenwriter, died in 2015 at the age of 76. Roger Burton, also a professional musician and psychology professor, died in 2018 at the age of 90. He began his acting career when he was 70, and his IMDb credits include such roles as “Old Man” on Monk, “Elderly Man” on American Body Shop and “Thin Old Man” on Torchwood.
For more info, visit fivesistersproductions.com/old-guy.
- BBC Select Launches - February 22, 2021
- ‘It’s a Sin’ on HBO Max - February 18, 2021
- Murder Hornets & Vaccines - February 17, 2021
- Prime’s New Musical Coda - February 16, 2021
- A Mini-‘Friends’ Reunion? - February 12, 2021
- ‘Safer Sex’ on Condom Day - February 12, 2021
- Relax through Streaming - February 11, 2021
- ‘Tapestry’ Turns 50 Today - February 10, 2021
- Sling Fling Free to 2/14 - February 10, 2021
- Binge-Learn with LingoPie - February 9, 2021