The Fraggle Rock muppets are back in Fraggle Rock: Rock On!, a weekly series of short-form episodes available for free on the Apple TV app.
In the first episode, which premiered yesterday, the Fraggles – isolated in different parts of the Fraggle Rock caves — get together virtually to sing one of their classic songs, “Shine On, Shine on Me.” Here it is, in its original rendition, from 1984:
Future episodes will debut every Tuesday, but we don’t know for how long, since Apple didn’t specify how many episodes will be produced. We do know that the series is being shot on iPhone 11 phones from the homes of The Jim Henson Company’s production team and individual artists.
Nostalgic for other Fraggle Rock iterations?
The original series, Fraggle Rock, aired for 96 half-hour episodes on HBO from 1983 to 1987, but the network does not currently offer the series on demand. You can, however, buy episodes for $2.99 each from the Apple TV app, or from $1.99 each at Amazon or Vudu.
Fraggle Rock: The Animated Series (right) ran for 13 half-hour episodes on NBC’s Saturday morning lineup in 1987. It’s now available to Amazon Prime subscribers.
Another animated spinoff, The Doozers, ran for 72 short-form episodes over two seasons (2014 and 2018) on Hulu, where it’s still available. You can also see this series free if your local library offers the Hoopla streaming service, or buy individual episodes (99 cents) or complete seasons ($9.99 to $12.99) from Amazon.
- Brooklyn Film Festival - May 29, 2020
- ‘Streaming Outta Fenway’ - May 28, 2020
- Amazon Relief Livestream - May 28, 2020
- ‘Haircut Night in America’ - May 27, 2020
- 10-Day Free Film Festival - May 27, 2020
- Multicultural VumaTV - May 26, 2020
- Marking Memorial Day - May 22, 2020
- It’s Red Nose Day on NBC - May 21, 2020
- A Free Romcom Musical - May 21, 2020
- New Morgan Fairchild Soap - May 20, 2020