(Above: ‘Walter Presents: Floodland.’ Source: Vimeo video)
Amazon Prime add-on channel PBS Masterpiece will debut the eight-episode first season of Walter Presents: Floodland (originally Greenslanders), a crime thriller set in the remote border region between the Netherlands and Flanders, this Friday, April 24.
When a traumatized African woman is found wandering on the Flemish side of the border, a Belgian court psychiatrist (Koen De Bouw) investigates. Simultaneously, a Dutch police inspector of mixed descent (Jasmine Sendar) looks into a shootout on a yacht.
Soon, a connection between the seemingly two disparate events is revealed: It turns out the mystery woman escaped from human traffickers who are trying to find her. The two protagonists then join forces, only to discover that the tradition-bound denizens of the borderland are not particularly welcoming to outsiders.
The show is in Dutch and Flemish with English subtitles.
Amazon Prime subscribers can get PBS Masterpiece for an additional $5.99 a month following a seven-day free trial.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021