(Above: ‘Middleditch & Schwartz.’ Source: YouTube video)
The comedy team of Middleditch & Schwartz debut a three-part improv show today, April 21, on Netflix.
Both are former stars of popular series. Thomas Middleditch is best known as the brilliant but neurotic tech entrepreneur Richard Hendricks on HBO’s Silicon Valley. Ben Schwartz was the wily, smooth-talking management consultant Clyde Oberholt in Showtime’s House of Lies.
In Middleditch & Schwartz, recorded at the NYU Skirball Center for the Performing Art in New York City, the two perform three separate one-hour segments based entirely on random audience suggestions.
The segments are:
“Dream Job” – Two friends, “one of whom has an important job interview which spirals into an existential crisis involving photography, The New York Times and JFK airport bathroom stalls.”
“Law School Magic” – Two first-year law students take a final exam that “turns into a test of human morality as the duo encounters an alien, contemplates child abandonment, and dabbles in a bit of magic.”
“Parking Lot Wedding” – Middleditch and Schwartz create a wedding scenario involving “the tale of sixth grade lovers, a robbery-gone-wrong, and the ultimate test of true love.”
For more, visit Netflix.
Incidentally, on April 3, HBO announced free access to Silicon Valley and other shows. Silicon Valley, which debuted in 2014 and wrapped its sixth and final season last fall, is also available with HBO Now, Hulu or Amazon Prime subscriptions. You can also buy individual episodes for $1.99 from YouTube or other providers.
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021
- Full ‘Treatment’ on HBO Max - June 14, 2021
- Washington Heights Musical - June 11, 2021
- ‘Infinite’ Wahlberg on Paramount+ - June 9, 2021
- Romero’s Lost ‘Amusement Park’ - June 7, 2021
- HBO Max’s New ‘Conjuring’ Tale - June 4, 2021
- Peacock’s ‘Lady Parts’ Comedy - June 2, 2021
- WNBA Tips Off on Amazon - May 28, 2021
- Reanimated ‘Rugrats’ - May 26, 2021