(Above: Morris Day and the Time perform in Prince Salute. Source: YouTube video)
CBS will air Let’s Go Crazy: The Grammy Salute to Prince, tomorrow April 21, from 9 to 11 pm ET/PT. The tribute concert, recorded January 28 at the Los Angeles Convention Center, will also stream on CBS All Access.
Maya Rudolph hosts and performs with her cover band Princess. Other acts include Beck, Gary Clark Jr., Common, Earth, Wind & Fire, Foo Fighters, H.E.R., Juanes, John Legend, Chris Martin, Miguel, Morris Day And The Time, Sheila E., St. Vincent, Mavis Staples, the Revolution, and Usher.
Rudolph’s Saturday Night Live alum Fred Armisen, Naomi Campbell, Misty Copeland, FKA Twigs and Jimmy Jam will also appear.
Over his career, Prince received 38 Grammy nominations, winning seven times. His big hits included “Purple Rain,” “Little Red Corvette,” “Raspberry Beret” and, of course, “Let’s Go Crazy.”
The concert commemorates his passing on April 21, 2016, due to what was ruled an accidental drug overdose.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021